Thursday, August 6, 2009

Try, Try again...

OK OK OK!! I am seriously going to start blogging again. Every time I start to get serious about it something happens. Like now, my computer at home went ka-pootie and freezes up every time I start to type on it. A lot has happened for our family and to our family in the last few months. I took a LONG nap after the four foster children left and when I woke up I started to work on adoption paper work for Catholic Community Adoption Agency. I finish after about 3 months of work. Well as luck would have it the day our profile went out to different agencies and hospitals is the day the blessed(sarcastic) CPS came and knocked on our door. Client is the CPS case workers name and he told me that there was a 10 month old boy that was almost available for adoption. Well if you know me at all you would know what my first question was for Client. "Almost available for adoption??? What does that mean???" He told us that the birth mom has nothing to do with the baby and he has been in foster care from day one. He was a drug exposed baby but shows all signs of being normal. He told me to talk to Matt and call him by Monday. (this all took place on Friday) After A LOT of pray and anxiety we both felt like we should move forward with trying to adopt Michael. (that's the 10 months old name) We were told that we could meet him and the foster parents at a meeting held at CPS that following Thursday. Well we went expecting it to be this wonderful meeting but...... we were wrong!! It turns out that we were not the only couple that CPS came and talked to about adopting Michael. He has talked to about 4 more families! We walked into the room and another LDS couple sat there with the same anticipation that we had in our heart of hoping to adopt this little boy. IT WAS SOOOO AWKWARD!! The meeting basically turned into an interview to see how the Foster parents want to adopt Michael. We had to answer a series of questions while sitting next to this other couple. We answered the question as best as we could. We were then told that we could leave and wait to see if we were chosen. Well to make a long story short we were the ones chosen and we are getting to adopt Michael. There has been some annoying bumps in the road but we think that everything will work out and we will be able to start the adoption process the end of this month. I am going to post some Pict as soon as I get my Comp at home working.

2 comments:

Bec said...

Wow! What a challenging few months you've had. I can't even imagine. But it sounds like it all might have been worth it! I hope this all works out well. Michael sounds wonderful!

Amy Allred said...

Angie!!! I didn't know you had a blog! I just came across it this morning! I am so excited for you guys and Michael! He is such a sweet baby! Congrats!